|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Not very willing to travel|
20+ years of experience in IT management and leadership in strategic initiatives, budget planning, team building, system implementation/migration, database management, business analysis, and vendor management.
I am transitioning to the field of data science/analytics as the 2nd Act of my career. In this endeavor, I have completed 7 Coursera courses of the Data Science (DS) Specialization and am fascinated daily by the DS tools in R.
Certificate in General Management, The UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management
B.S. in Math/Computer Science, University California at Los Angeles
Selected Continuing Education Courses:
- Mastering Data Analysis in Excel (online), in-progress
- Practical Machine Learning (online), in-progress
- Regression Models (online), in-progress
- Reproducible Research (online), October 2017
- Statistical Inference (online), October 2017
- Exploratory Data Analytics (online), September 2017
- Getting and Cleaning Data (online), September 2017
- R Programming (online), August 2017
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (online), August 2017
- Managing Big Data with MySQL (online), July 2017
Chief Information Systems Officer, Information Technology Services
Southwestern Law School
October, 2008 – May 2017
- Established and directed strategic short-term and long-term goals, policies and procedures for critical IT matters.
- Determined long-term system needs and product/service acquisitions closely aligned with the missions and the strategic plans of the law school.
- Led, planned and executed campus-wide IT initiatives, including infrastructure design and refreshment, ERP upgrades, system migration and implementation, annual audit, disaster recovery, security management and cloud-based service adoption.
- Managed the IT team and provided coaching and counseling to build and develop an effective and efficient team.
- Planned and managed the IT annual operations and capital budgets with a significant focus on cost control.
- Stayed abreast of emerging technologies and concepts for timely evaluation and adoption.
- Served as a backup troubleshooter for various IT issues to promote optimal solutions and holistic approaches.
- Relational Database
- Data Modeling
- Budget planning
- IT strategic planning
- IT infrastructure design and implementation
- Team building
- ERP implementation
- Data Conversion
- SaaS adoption
- Project Management
- Vendor Management
- Database management, Project Management, Public speaking, team building
- English, Korean