|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
- Shiny Machine Learning model
Data Scientist with proven R and Shiny achievements plus SPSS and SAS working proficiency.
2015 – 2017 Babes – Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
MSc Econometrics and Applied Statistics
– 1st Year Courses include: Econometrics, Data Mining, Software for Statistical Analysis (SAS), Stochastic Models, Bootstrap Methods, Multidimensional Statistics.
– 2nd Year Courses include: Panel Econometrics, Geospatial Analysis, Financial Econometrics, Scoring Models and Empirical Finance
– Dissertation thesis: “Methods of predicting end game results for football using R” where I obtained a grade of 10 out of 10
– Participated in the Course on International Finance & Risk Management presented by Professor Eric Griette, Catholic University of Lyon
– Participated in the ERASMUS+ International Project “Training Course on Creativity and Social Inclusion” in April 2016, at the British Learning Academy in Chichester, UK.
– Participated in various presentations and workshops:
o Fighting Terrorism with Django, Big Data and Natural Language Processing
o 4th Data Science Meeting: Unsupervised Learning Algorithms, Open Data
o BuzzCamp Conference April 2016 and Ernst&Young workshop
o Orchestrating Leadership training by Andy Szekely, September 2016
o Spatial analysis of convergence on the life insurance market from the European Union, October 2016
2012 – 2015 Babes – Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
BSc Statistics and Economic Forecasting
– Courses included: Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Databases and Programming, Corporate Finance, Business English, Mathematical Modelling, Financial Investments.
– Obtained an average grade of 9.34 during the 3 years of study.
– Graduation Thesis “Limitations of economic forecasting. The impact of rare events.”
– Obtained a 10 in presenting the Graduation Thesis and a 9.75 in the written exam.
– Participated in a variety of presentations and contests:
o KPMG Romania and KICC 2014 Bucharest National Final
o Bucharest Stock Exchange Forum for Investors
2011 – 2012 The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Mathematics
– 1st Year Courses included: Financial Mathematics, Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Principles, Probability, Calculus and Applications, Linear Algebra. – Obtained a G.P.A. of 92% equivalent to a First class honours degree (1st). – Participated in various presentations related to my field of study: o Credit Suisse – Investment Banking o Actuaries in the UK by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
Apr – Sept 2017
Quantified Statistics, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain – Data Scientist
Developing machine learning algorithms that predict the outcomes of sports events.
Creating interactive applications to model expected goals and distributions in Shiny.
Presenting the data in a visually stimulating manner in RStudio and Tableau.
Holding presentations to explain and test the predictive models.
Researching the field of sports data science and methods related to it (Poisson statistical inference, creating parameters based on raw data, ML methods).
Apr – June 2016 Robert Bosch GmbH, Cluj-Napoca – Data Scientist
Part of the Bosch Research & Development unit.
Introduction to the concepts of Industry 4.0, Smart Factories, Smart Cars.
Data Mining based on the CRISP-DM process.
Big Data challenges and the usage of Machine Learning techniques.
Data Visualization basics with Tableau 10.0
Jan – Mar 2016 Emerson, Cluj-Napoca – Data Specialist – Internship
Part of the global Emerson Data Management team.
Maintaining an up to date global database in Oracle with Emerson business units, customers, suppliers and banks.
Validating locations, tax numbers and bank account details using different tools.
Processing client requests according to our SLA.
July – Sept 2015 Romanian Government, Bucharest – Internship
Participated in meetings with the state secretary and other revolutionaries.
Studied and understood the legislation surrounding this institution.
Developed a database with information about revolutionaries and their documents.
Evaluated the budget of the institution for 2015, part of the economic department.
Meetings and conferences with dignitaries, ambassadors and public figures.
Aug 2013 – June 2014 Endava, Cluj-Napoca – IT Support Analyst
Started out as an intern on the Service Desk Teams for 6 weeks.
Held a presentation about improving an Endava service at the end of the internship.
Was offered a part-time position on the IT Support Team.
Developed great interpersonal skills by constantly communicating with customers on the phone or via e-mail.
Gained valuable IT support and troubleshooting knowledge.
Developed great awareness of Customer care practices and SLA levels.
- R (5 years experience)
- Shiny (2 years experience)
- Microsoft Office
- data analysis, Data visualization, Predictive Modelling, time management
- English (Fluent), German(beginner), Romanian, Spanish (ok)