Data scientist and R programmer
– I am passionate about data analysis and curious when it comes to interrogate any data set. I like the process of working with large databases, manipulate data to explore its meaning, produce analytical categories, and finally present the results using visualizations to tell stories about the data. My eight years of experience has been working mainly with demographic and health data sets in different health departments in London and Spain.
R allows me to combine a powerful statistical analysis with its excellent graphical output, as a high level programming language, it offers great possibilities for analysis as well as data manipulation and reports generation using tidyverse and Markdown packages.
I appreciate working environments that tray to integrate different technologies with R such as Tableau or Alteryx.
Attended two courses at the Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis: Panel data analysis (2010) and Survival analysis (2011).
2006 – 2007 MS in Regional and Population Studies (Demography) at CED “Center for Demographic Studies (CED)”. Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain.
2002 – 2005 BA (Hons) in Sociology at University of Valencia, Spain.
1999 – 2002 BA ( in Social Work at University of Valencia, Spain.
Over the last four years, I am currently working as a Data Analyst for the National Reporting & Learning System (NRLS), having taken up this position in 2013, providing advice and guidance for internal and external customers on the qualitative analysis of NRLS and other safety-related data enabling them monitor patient safety incidents and producing official statistics such as QDS and OPSIRS. I use SAS and Tableau as my main analytical tools.
Previously, from 2008 until 2013, I worked as a demographer producing health reports and official statistics for the Valencian Population Information System (SIP). This is the health register of the Valencian Regional Ministry of Health (Spain); covering a population of 5.2 million. As a member of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, demographers and software developers I analyzed data using R open source language for statistical computing.
- R packages (GGPLOT2, PLYR, TIDYVERSE, MARKDOWN) ( 5 years experience)
- SAS (4 years experience)
- SQL (3 years experience)
- SPSS (5 years experience)
- TABLEAU (3 years experience)
- Statistical Analysis (Regression, Survival analysis, Cluster analysis)
- Problem solving, Team work
- Catalan, English, Spanish