Seeking fulfilling opportunity to solve challenging problems outside of Hawaii.
Master of Public Health; Epidemiology Specialization
Area of study included trend analysis, regression and decision tree modeling
UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII · 2011
Master of Education Educational Foundations
Area of study included philosophy and survey analysis
UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII · 2007
Bachelor of Arts English
Area of study included natural language processing
UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII · 2005
April 2017 – Present
Work with clients who want to shift from business intelligence to an insight-delivering analytics mindset by conducting readiness and gap analysis on the clients’ analytics maturity life-cycle to benchmark and provide a common understanding across the business.
- Interviewing executives and managerial staff to discover and prioritize promising use cases
- Conduct reviews of current internal data and assess current infrastructure and inventory of current databases and external information captured and managed by various business units.
- Review and augment third-party data sets for potential data enrichment
- Developing an inventory of both hardware and software assets available analytics
Business Development Research Analyst, Business Development
The Queen’s Health Systems
2015 – 2017
Reporting to the Director of Business Development and mentoring analysts across the health system, the main functions of the position were:
- Design and production of standard/ad-hoc reports for the Marketing Department and Top Management (EVPs and C-Level executives) that monitor the past, current, and expected performance of ASB’s portfolio, based on standard metrics of acquisition, maintenance, and attrition.
Segmentation of the customer base, external lists, and analysis of market information to improve the “way we do business” through already implemented projects such as (1) automated underwriting policy for personal loans, (2) reduction of operating expenses through the identification and purge of inactive accounts, and (3) setting/waiving fees to customers based on their transactional behavior.
Development, negotiation, and monitoring of budget for retail loans, credit and debit cards (Spend, Interchange, Fees), deposits, and online/mobile services. All based on internal data and market conditions meant to understand significant differences throughout the year and generate corrective actions if necessary.
Development, implementation, and maintenance of Risk-Based Pricing tools for retail loans.
Development of financial models with their corresponding MC simulation to understand the “most likely” scenario(s) for new products in terms of profits and volumes.
Design, implementation, and maintenance (ETL) of the Marketing Data Mart meant to have a 360 degree view of the customer, including 2+ years of transactional data, monthly snapshots of the portfolio, and several external data sources. All put together to generate automatized standard reports and faster ad-hoc analyses, and grow an invaluable source for modeling purposes.
Team up with vendors to strategize on campaigns, retention/attrition, and other initiatives.
Train and support the credit area in the development, usage, and validation of credit scoring models
Developed valuable insights to the business development process by providing revenue and growth forecasts across service lines, formulating baseline utilization and operating key performance metrics, and making recommendations to executive leadership based on future market conditions.
- Estimated market potential and capture by various geographic areas for purposes of planning and development for ambulatory expansion
- Recommended establishing the first after hours’ care clinic in Leeward Oahu which will serve 11,000 residents and visitors across Leeward Oahu by 2021 and will have a 5-year net resource impact of $0.73M.
- Created 10-year forecasts on ER utilization in North Hawaii Community Hospital leading to the planning of a 13-bed state-of-the-art Emergency Department that will treat 17,356 emergency visits by 2025.
- Recommended against acquisition of an urgent care practice after assessing financial projections and market. Concluded urgent care practice would be a high liability to the system. Since 2016, the urgent care practice had closed for business.
PAPA OLA LOKAHI · Honolulu, HI · 2014 – 2015
Health Data and Resource Specialist
Increased organizational capacity to service Native Hawaiian population in areas of prevention and primary care by analyzing trends, developing future forecasts and providing technical consultations across the six Native Hawaiian Health Care Systems to ensure alignment with quality metrics outlined in the US Human Resources and Services Administration Uniform Data System Reporting guidelines.
- Developed key benchmarks which drove goals for the extension of the Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act providing $13M funding annually for health promotion and primary care services.
Hawaii Medical Service Association · Honolulu, HI · 2014 – 2014
Health and Business Data Administrator, Provider Economics and Network Administration
Enhanced clinical integration networks in Hawaii by developing quality metric benchmarks for all lines of business and making recommendations on controlling health care utilization while improving health outcomes across numerous physician organizations across the state.
- Developed metrics on COPD hospitalization reduction which will reduce expenditures by $3M annually across the HMO service line with potential for additional cost savings due to reduction of conditions such as pneumonia, sepsis and septic shock associated with COPD exacerbations.
Good Beginnings Alliance · Honolulu, HI · 2012 – 2014
Supported efforts for a proposed constitutional amendment on publicly funded preschool by conducting presentations for both state officials and community partners on school readiness trends in the state of Hawaii. This work entailed partnering with both government and community organizations to develop processes on data collection, analysis and reporting.
EBM Technologies · Taipei, Taiwan · 2010 – 2013
Conducted competitor analyses in both the North American and Asia region on the picture archiving and communication systems market and made recommendations on enhancing mobile applications to support critical clinical decisions across hospitals in Taiwan, Singapore and Canada.
- Statistical analysis, research design, predictive modeling, data mining, GIS