|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
Innovative and data-driven professional with sharp business acumen, relevant academic background, passion for data science, and hands-on experience in mining, manipulating, and transforming data within the financial services industry.
Master of Science, Data Analytics, GPA 3.975 (May 2019)
Southern New Hampshire University – Manchester, New Hampshire
Relevant Coursework: Advanced Data Analytics, Decision Methods and Modeling, Enterprise Data Management, Foundations of Data, Optimization and Risk Assessment, Predictive Analytics, Presentation and Visualization of Data, Project Management
Focuses: assess data sources to verify data using the data analytics lifecycle, amass and describe big data, use data to make informed business decisions, evaluate situations for risk while identifying areas for risk mitigation, present results and suggestions to various audiences
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration and Management, GPA 3.707 (June 2017)
Edgewood College – Madison, Wisconsin
Relevant Coursework: Business Capstone, Consumer Behavior, Finite Mathematics, International Business, Management of Organizations, Operations Management, Organizational Sustainability and Innovation, Principles of Economics, Statistics
Emphasis on Accounting, Finance, Marketing, and Management disciplines.
BIOFerm Energy Systems, Inc., Madison, Wisconsin
FINANCIAL DATA ANALYST & PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (May 2020 – October 2020)
- Subject matter expert for managing large data sets, reclassifying accounting transactions, configuring the system’s audit functionality, and automating the ERP system.
- Created and implemented project structure in ERP system, orchestrated assignment and approval maps for various process workflows, and facilitated operation and maintenance contracts while partnering with engineers, vendors, and clients.
- Spearheaded 230+ vendor profiles and minimized accounts receivable discrepancies and delinquency by optimizing the collection process, negotiating with disputed clients, and establishing enduring relations.
CUNA Mutual Group, Madison, Wisconsin
INVESTMENTS OPERATIONS ANALYST CONTRACTOR (May 2019 – May 2020)
- Provided overarching daily trade and security master support, including trade settlement, margin calls, data checks, and pricing securities.
- Played an instrumental role in investment decision making by gathering, evaluating, and reporting investment performance data for internal management and board committees.
- Facilitated monthly close process for both accounting and risk systems, produced 15-20 monthly reports, and wrote 20+ macros in VBA to automate daily and monthly processes.
First Business Financial Services, Inc., Madison, Wisconsin
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (December 2017 – January 2019)
- Managed 400+ vendor profiles with concurrent responsibility for reviewing invoices and statements, analyzing financial and account information, monitoring purchase ledgers, and ensuring timely payment of invoices.
- Initiated data quality project for CRM database and managed account reconciliation, vendor relations, accounting procedures, cost reduction, and customer communication functions.
- Enhanced productivity and streamlined accounts payable functions by inspecting the existing system while partaking in the testing and effective implementation of the new multi-department SAP software.
SignalPoint Asset Management, LLC, Madison, Wisconsin
PORTFOLIO ANALYST (March 2017 – October 2017)
- Internal resource for researching, comparing and suggesting ETF funds for a portfolio of $6.4 million.
- Recommended strategies to minimize underperformance and maximize outperformance relative to return and risk objectives while applying quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market knowledge in selection and risk budgeting.
- Supported all aspects of portfolios, including monitoring of financial and operational performance to ensure that the portfolio track within established performance expectations.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP Products
- Microsoft Power Query
- Microsoft Power BI
- SAP BusinessObjects
- Analytical Skills, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, data analysis, Data management, data modeling, Data Science, Data visualization, Data Warehousing, Finance, Financial Analysis, Investments, Project Management, Quantitative research, Research, Risk Assessment, Risk management, Statistical data analysis
Groups & Associations
- Delta Mu Delta International Business Honor Society, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), National Honor Society
- English (native), Spanish (basic)