Full-Time Bioinformatician (@ Mechelen)
This is a central role in the organization providing domain expertise to the various departments within the company.
You will work in close collaboration with product management and development to provide detailed insight in NGS pipeline assembly, configuration and execution. Next to the more internal focus you will work together with the sales team to win and bring onboard new customers by providing domain specialist expertise on the Bluebee solution and how it fits with the customers’ projects and requirements. To set the stage for successful implementations you’ll assist customers with the initial evaluation and recommend solutions to meet their needs. Connecting the dots between the technical requirements of a project and the scientific requirements is elemental to the success of this position.
The ideal Bioinformatician will have the following traits and skills:
- You will have a bioinformatics degree or you have hands-on experience with bioinformatics tools/algorithms (such as alignment – BWA, variant calling – GATK, Freebayes…). Your profound knowledge on secondary analysis will be used to set up and run pipelines for DNA and RNA-Seq data making use of various technologies (Python, R, Java, Unix/Linux scripting)
- First-hand knowledge of the NGS clinical and/or biomedical market, silicon lab customer contact is an advantage.
- You are keen to face customers and you are able to successfully handle on-boarding projects.
- With an entrepreneurial and commercial mind, you thrive in a hands-on start-up environment, with a clear focus on meeting customer expectations and delivering results.
- Astute, confident, and comfortable in asking the right questions, you are truly able to work in a consultative way with clients and to contribute to Bluebee’s overall success.
- You are keen to work in a multi-disciplinary environment where engineering, development and science come together.
- You are able to travel.
- The position demands excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Working for Bluebee
We think A+ employees deserve an A+ treatment and it takes a great employer to hire great employees. Therefore Bluebee offers an attractive compensation package and the opportunity to work in an intellectually challenging and open entrepreneurial corporate culture with a focus on quality and professionalism. We prefer ownership over hierarchy, and we facilitate learning and venturing. We deliver top-notch technology and aim for the top-notch solutions.
We like to work with bright, talented people in a challenging, diverse, and rapidly evolving domain.
At Bluebee we foster the combination of innovation and focus, we combine accountability with responsibility and encourage initiative, teamwork and respectful, candid and open communication