Full-Time Data Scientist for ADM @ Reno, Nevada, United States
ADM is a professional service corporation providing energy efficiency program evaluation and research for utilities and other clients across North America.
ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Data Scientist to help in the evaluation of energy efficiency programs. In this role, the Data Scientist will work with ADM’s current electric and gas utility clients throughout the country.
The ideal candidate for the Data Scientist position will have strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and in groups. Moreover, the candidate must have significant expertise in the R programming environment. The candidate should be able to perform the following types of tasks in R:
- Manipulate large data sets in R (10 GB and bigger).
- Utilize Functional Programing and Vectorised Analyses to solve complicated problems.
- Take analyses that have been previously completed in less flexible software packages (e.g., Excel) and implement them in R.
- Develop interfaces for clients that allow them to manipulate, visualize, and analyze data in the R environment (e.g., via interactive web applications via Shiny).
- Develop and implement various data-mining techniques that may assist clients with targeted marketing efforts (e.g., Naïve Bayes, cluster analysis, logistic regression, Principal Components Analysis).
- Provide training and guidance to ADM analysts completing analyses in the R environment.
Experience with program evaluation, statistics, survey design, or energy efficiency and energy systems is a plus. The following qualifications are desirable:
- Master’s degree or higher, preferably in the sciences, economics, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications for reporting.
- Professional experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and under time pressures.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
ADM has Data Scientist positions available in its Reno, NV office. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer.