18 Nov 2019
Full-Time Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Sales colleagues. This role manages inbound and outbound campaigns by qualifying active buying interest, identifying critical decision makers, and effectively driving engagement to successfully position the RStudio value proposition. This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
This is a newly created role and team at RStudio and you will be one of the first people we hire onto this new team. We hope to build the initial team to about 3-4 people. This role has the opportunity to grow into a role in Sales, Marketing, or Support.
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel RStudio’s Pipeline and Growth
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different businesses operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and challenges they face everyday
- Utilize industry knowledge to research & develop accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and identify compelling events
- Inbound and Outbound prospecting to companies via phone, email, marketing campaigns, and social selling
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for BDRs
- Enjoy conducting high-level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director)
- You are humble, kind, curious, people smart, and hungry
- You enjoy technical, scientific, or financial fields
- Have the ability to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
- Demonstrate empathy for customers struggles and challenges
- Intellectually curious
- Resilient in the face of objections
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Have a passion for sales and sales processes
- You are good at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- You feel confident using programs like SalesForce and LinkedIn. If you haven’t used them, that’s ok! You have had to learn new programs before and have a knack for picking them up quickly
We are a lean, distributed team, passionate about making R and open source data science tools accessible to people all over the world, regardless of economic means. We are an organization that values talent, humility, and hard work over hierarchy.
- Competitive salary with great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered), 401k matching, a home office allowance, and a profit-sharing system
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with what you need to do your best work
- All our full-time employees are given a one time allowance to outfit their home office
- We have a flexible environment with excellent benefits and a “take what you need” vacation policy
- Positive, passionate culture working with a world-class team committed to data science and the R language
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.