Full-Time Data Engineer @ Emersons Green, England
A Data Engineer is required to join the Machine Learning & Threat Analytics Team within the fast growing Research and Development department. The role is based in the Bristol and Bath Science Park near Emerson’s Green, Bristol. The role will report into the Head of R&D (UK) based in Bristol with dotted line responsibility to the Lead Data Scientist.
The responsibility of the Machine Learning and Threat Analytics Team is to enable our customers to help protect themselves. In order to facilitate that ability, the Data Engineer will design and develop our analytics platform.
The Data Engineer will be knowledgeable with technologies for distributed and scalable analytics. The Data Engineer will be able to match the correct technology to meet the requirements of the analytics platform. The platform will continue to grow and evolve over time and the Data Engineer will take an active role in this growth always keeping in mind the ultimate goal of customer protection.
- 5+ years of commercial experience working with data.
- 1+ years of commercial experience of Hadoop and Spark.
- 2+ years of commercial experience developing databases or ETL. Desirable experience in at least one of the following:
- Azure SQL
- Commercial experience in at least one of the following technologies:
- Data movement tools, for example Kafka, Flume
- Hadoop SQL variants, for example Impala
- The ELK stack, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Azure analytics, HDInsight, Data Lake, Event Hubs, StreamAnalytics
- Experienced coder who can pick up new languages relatively quickly.
- Experience in developing code-based solutions in a team.
- The ability to pick the right tool for the job and help others use the tool effectively.
- Experience working in the software security industry.
- Experience working with an analytics team.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience contributing to the community for example OSS contributions, blogging, presenting.
About CensorNet Ltd.
CensorNet, the complete cloud security company, helps more than 4000 organisations and over 1.3 million users worldwide, step up to the challenge of managing the rise of cloud applications in an increasingly mobile work environment. CensorNet Unified Security Service (USS) is a new-generation comprehensive cloud based cyber security solution that provides organisations with greater visibility and control of web access, cloud application use, adaptive multi-factor authentication and email security in one single management dashboard. It gives organisations the power to address the security, audit, compliance and productivity issues associated with the growing use of cloud applications and devices regardless of whether users are in-office or mobile. CensorNet USS also enables organisations to control Shadow IT and safely implement BYOD initiatives.