Full-Time Data Manager and Data Analysis Expert @ Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
The MPI studies the human brain function and also develops novel methods for this purpose.
The studies at the forefront of fundamental neuroscience yield unique and rich datasets including data from magnetic resonance imaging (e.g., from the only Connectom MRI in Continental Europe), electroencephalography/magnetoencephalography (EEG/MEG), webcams, surveys, behavioural experiments and personal data of the participants in scientific studies. We are looking for creative, self-motivated candidates who apply their special expertise in data analysis and management to extract new insights from the rich datasets. The post holder is encouraged to also develop and establish new approaches and methods.
Duties of the post holder
- Responsible for the continuous development of the scientific databases and data collection. In particular, for the strategic development of tools and services facilitating the management of our data, our scientific studies, and scientific projects at the MPI.
- Introduction of new technologies from the areas of Big Data, Data-Mining, and modern search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch) to extract new insights.
- Further development of the institute’s research data repositories focusing on issues such as data accessibility, reuse, reproducibility, resource optimization, metadata creation, content-validation quality control and data sharing.
- Overall supervision of the work of the database programmer/developer.
- Deliver first and second level support to scientists to work with the data collections.
- Publish the newly developed methods.
- Represent the institute at meetings with specific working groups of the Max Planck Society, but also at national and international meetings.
Essential experience and attributes
- Theoretical and practical knowledge regarding the creation and development of research data repositories and experience with associated data management tasks.
- Knowledge and preferably experience with data mining, Big Data, and search engines technologies.
- Experience with: Web Applications, programming languages such as R, Python, relational and NoSQL databases
- good line management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability communicate with audiences at different levels. A good command of the German language is a plus.
- Experience in publishing and presenting in the field of data management and analysis is
We offer you an interesting, versatile workplace in an international environment in one of the international leading research institutes.
The position is full time. Salary depends on experience and is based on regulations of the Max Planck Society.
The MPI CBS is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the advancement of individuals without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, or disability.