Full-Time Data Production Analyst @ Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Our client is a leading global hedge fund who is seeking talented data production analysts at various experience levels to help build out their central data systems in North Carolina. Data is key to the firm’s investment strategies and so is the effective management and production of both structured and unstructured data sets. The team will be at the forefront of big data and will be leveraging bleeding edge tools and techniques. They are looking for someone with 1-5 years’ experience in data production/analysis.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Data Collection, Cleansing and Processing
- Design, development, and deployment of new and existing components pertaining to research and data.
- Build Quality assurance checks to detect anomalies in data.
- Evaluation and data modeling for new data sources.
- Collaboration with the research and trading teams.
- Serve as a core committer and eventual library maintainer
- 1-5 years experience in data production / analysis
- Very strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate prior delivery in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Prior experience in finance / financial services is NOT necessary
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Understanding of common sources of data issues
- Comfortable with html parsing / xpath manipulation / Web data extraction
- Experience in Linux / Shell scripting
- Experience programming in Python and/or R
- Experience with SQL (MSSQL/RedShift) / NoSQL (e.g., Mongo, Cassandra) a plus
- Bachelor degree in a technical field (e.g., CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Finance, Economics)