Full-Time Data Scientist / Analytics Consultant
At Hedera Insights, we are experts in turning data into high-value insights that support effective business decisions and outcomes. We are excellent problem solvers that combine a passion for statistics, data mining and machine learning with a business focus.
As data scientist / analytics consultant you will apply your statistical, analytical, coding and visualization skills every single day. Depending on your expertise, you can:
- implement algorithms for segmentation, predictive modelling, forecasting, simulation, and optimization
- devise creative and easy-to-manage analytical solutions for business problems, using simple to complex machine learning algorithms
- model and visualize data corresponding to business’ needs
- help businesses to select appropriate analytics, reporting, or visualization solutions
- assess analytic maturity, gaps and craft roadmaps to further industrialize data streams
Most of the time you will be working on-site with customers in Belgium, occasional travelling is possible.
Who are we looking for?
- At least 2 years of working experience in Western Europe solving analytical problems
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French and English
- Master in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- A natural-born problem solver who takes initiative and is eager to learn
- A good mix of statistical knowledge, programming skills and business focus
- Strong communication skills, especially to explain complex analytical problems in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Excellent data wrangling skills: extract, transform and analyze data using a variety of analytical tools and statistical techniques
- Expert knowledge of an analytical tool such as SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Matlab or equivalent
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge about Spark or Hadoop
What do we offer?
You will work with an enthusiastic team of young potentials and be able to further develop your industry skills with the offered training and mentorship.
You will face challenging assignments and have the opportunity to be more engaged in a fast-growing company.
You will get an extensive pay and benefits package, including company car, fringe benefits and participation in a bonus scheme.
At Hedera Insights, we are all about using data to help companies grow
- We truly believe our people matter
- We treat our customer’s business as if it were our own
- We strive for excellence by challenging ourselves, each other, and the status quo
- We love to bring passion, energy and some fun to every engagement
- We organize ourselves in the leanest way possible
- We only take on assignments when we are certain we can achieve success
- We define success in terms of increased client profitability
- We make it simple and get it done
Hedera Insights is part of a larger community of Hedera Consultants that operate in Belgium, The Netherlands, Poland and Switzerland. True to our entrepreneurial spirit, Hedera Ventures starts and helps to grow new business ideas.