Full-Time Data Scientist and R Programmer
Tariffville, CT or Wellesley, MA
Metrum Research Group is seeking a full-time R programming specialist to support our biomedical modeling and simulation services. This is an excellent opportunity to develop as an R programmer while gaining exposure to cutting edge problems in the growing field of pharmacometrics.
- Prepare analysis-ready data files from source data under a defined quality control process
- Help develop and maintain internal software packages to support data science applications
- Perform exploratory data analyses and visualizations
- Develop innovative formats for delivering scientific analysis results to clients
- Produce dynamic and static data visualizations to help deliver the results of our quantitative analyses to customers in innovative ways
- Facilitate the consistent implementation of innovative deliverable formats through code collaboration with MetrumRG scientists
- Substantive experience programming in high level scripting languages such as R, S+, SAS, Matlab, Python, Perl, and Java/Java Script, Ruby, C++
- Experience in basic statistics and analytics
- Ability to manipulate unstructured data to extract structured insights
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or quantitative field with a strong math and science background
- Desirable: Programming experience with Python, Ruby, HTML, Shiny, Markdown, LaTeX, unix/Linux, subversion, git. Experience with clinical pharmaceutical data
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, Metrum Research Group has worked with over 85 clients on more than 250 projects. Our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.