Full-Time Data Scientist for Agoda (@ Tel Aviv)
We are building a research center of excellent for Agoda in Tel Aviv, Israel and we are looking for top notch talent to join us. This is a very senior role, where you will be working on some of the toughest challenges within the Data Science team.
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia, and as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We are the perfect combination of a fast dynamic startup atmosphere, with the capital to make things happen.
Working for the largest online travel group, our work has immediate impact, touching millions of people around the globe.
- Apply your expertise in mathematics, quantitative analysis, data mining and machine learning to develop models and algorithms to improve performance of different aspects in online accommodation reservations
- Make decisions on whether specific problems can be solved and how they can be solved based on raw datasets
- Work with the business domains and develop predictive models and algorithms to support business decisions
- Define the roadmap and contribute to the development of solutions for a variety of projects
- Develop data automated systems that convert noisy data sets into significant signals of user behavior and suggest alternative problem solving methods
- Develop best practices for data collection and experimentation, data requirements and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Explore new technologies, innovative instrumentation and data collection to develop unique data sources and utilize them
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field. Advanced degrees preferred
- Proven record of excellence
- Expert technical abiliites within machine learning, statistical and probability methods
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques (classification, regressions, dimensionality reduction, etc.)
- Experience with at least one scripting/ modelling language (Python/Matlab/R/Scala)
- Knowledge of relational databases and query languages (SQL)
- Ability to initiate and drive research projects from start to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to lead projects and mentor more intermediate members of the team.
Please note: We can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in Israel.
How to Apply
Apply directly to the role via the enclosed link
Or send us your CV via the apply form or directly to [email protected]