Full-Time Data Scientist for H Labs @ Chicago, Illinois, United States
H Labs is an enterprise business unit within Heidrick & Struggles, operating with a mandate to incubate, bring to market, manage, and provide thought leadership around products and start-up internal businesses. This effort includes focus on enabling the existing Search and Consulting businesses with technological solutions as well as building novel products and technology platforms.
Reporting to the Chief Data Scientist, the Data Scientist will be performing descriptive analysis and fitting statistical models to standard and non-standard data and preparing reports for our more complex products. The person will also be performing original analysis, using data from across our existing products, to deliver unique and/or predictive insights to drive learning engagement, growth, and transformation.
- Prepare data sets for analysis (clean, modify, recode, and combine data).
- Conduct descriptive analysis of the data (including plotting and visualizing the data).
- Fit statistical models to standard and nonstandard (network) data.
- Prepare reports based on data analysis.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand strategic direction and applymethodologies to data as needed across multiple data sets to generate original insight.
- Communicate the results of the analysis to nontechnical audiences.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement
- Experience with R coding language (python is possible but R is preferred).
- Experience with data modification/data wrangling packages (eg. dplyr, sqldf).
- Experience with fitting various regression models and experience with data reduction.
- Basic understanding of network analysis.
- Experience with network analysis tools (igraph, statnet) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, quantitative psychology, economics, or a related quantitative field.
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.