Full-Time Data Scientist for Remitly
Remitly is currently hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join its Data Analytics Team with a focus
on Risk and Fraud analytics. You will work directly with business stakeholders and
product managers to design and build fraud control solutions.
We are looking to hire an exceptional individual that possesses the hybrid skill sets of
data analysts and software engineers—someone experienced in exploratory analytics,
querying and building data systems, performing research, data manipulation and
predictive models. You will work closely with our Risk, Operations and Product
Teams to use data to build models that will integrate into our fraud control solutions,
enabling the Risk Team to scale as Remitly continues to grow. We are looking for a
passionate individual to own and build these systems.
Candidates should have a strong background in statistics and data analytics, possess
entrepreneurial instincts and thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Technical skills & experience
- Strong background in statistics & experience in exploratory data analysis
- Experience creating models/analysis using machine learning techniques such as
regression,clustering, association rules, sequential pattern matching, etc.
- Proficient at query and manipulating data using a number of tools and languages
(SQL, R, Python, Hive, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Proficient in algorithms and data structures related to data manipulation and Big Data
- Capable of presenting and communicating results of research
- Experience in data integration and modeling is required
- Experience working with big data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in fraud detection and/or text mining is a plus
- An educational background in a quantitative field
(e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, ComputerScience, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working in an analytical roleSuccessful candidates should possess
Successful candidates should possess
- The ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional teams to explore and productize analyticalsolutions
- Think and communicate strategically while delivering tactically
- The ability to effectively prioritize in order to deliver high-impact solutions