Full-Time Data Scientist for taking personalization at Booking.com to the next level
Booking.com, the world’s largest accommodation website, is seeking a full-time Data Scientist in our Personalization team within our Front End department. You will work in close collaboration with the developers, designers and business owners. Your main responsibility will be using data to improve our products and the experience of our customers, driven by measurable impact on the business.
It is important that you have a strong background in statistics, acute business sense and practical programming skills. We also expect someone experienced in a few of the following topics: Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Game Theory, Bayesian Networks, Combinatorial Optimization (OR) and/or Econometrics. You will generally be free to use the tools you see fit, but your colleagues will have a preference for Perl, R, MySQL and Hadoop. This role requires a highly motivated and result-focused individual with solid business understanding. A successful candidate in this role will have a wide skill set and be highly proficient in turning data discoveries into profitable products and measurable improvements for our customers, preferably in short development cycles.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline product development team
- R&D in innovative/impactful uses of big data in customer facing applications
- Taking the personalization at Booking.com to the next level.
Required skills & experience:
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Commercial attitude and interest in consumer behaviour
- Experience with statistical packages and data mining techniques
- Experience with at least 2 of the following topics: Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Game Theory, Combinatorial Optimization (OR) and/ or Econometrics
- Experience with relational databases and big data
- MSc or PhD in Math, Statistics, Computer Science Artificial Intelligence or comparable
- Knowledge of Perl language and/ or other programming languages
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate to the Netherlands
You are you, We are Booking!.
We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add their own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.