Full-Time Evaluation Data Analyst @ Hadley, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Do you love data and want to make a difference?
- Do you love working with people to help them understand and utilize data?
- Do you want to put your data chops to the test in fast-paced nonprofit environment with complex data?
VentureWell is on a mission to cultivate a pipeline of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges and to create lasting impact. We foster collaboration among the best minds from research labs, classrooms, and beyond to advance innovation and entrepreneurship education and to provide unique opportunities for STEM students and researchers to fully realize their potential to improve the world.
Over the past 20+ years, we’ve funded and trained over 1,300 teams of science and technology inventors and innovators, and nurtured thousands of their startups reaching millions of people in over 50 countries with groundbreaking technological advancements in fields such as biomedicine and healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings.
We are seeking a data enthusiast with social science chops to help our growing organization manage and learn from its data in order to drive greater social impact.
The Evaluation Data Analyst will apply their social strong and growing data skills to collect, wrangle, explore, structure, join, and visualize data from a variety of resources to help us drive greater insights through our data. You will be part of a dynamic team of analysts and evaluators that seeks to make sense of complex data sets and support a variety of stakeholders.
- Manage, merge, clean, and store data in a regular and reproducible fashion using a combination of tools (including Salesforce, R, Excel, Tableau)
- Extract data from a variety of databases and data collection tools
- Conduct simple data analysis using Tableau, R, and Excel and prepare statistics, tables, and graphs to convey those results
- Code, analyze, and translate data into insightful visualizations and dashboards in Tableau, R, and Excel
- Spearhead the creation of automatically populating templates, visualizations, reports and dashboards
- Conduct information and data searches using a variety of web-based tools
- Communicate effectively and collaborate closely with analysts, evaluators, and other staff members to achieve organizational goals.
- Communicate with staff and clients to help them understand tools, data, and reports
- Love data!
- Strong team player who enjoys “customer service”
- Active learner who adopts new tools and work processes quickly
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly
- Able to maintain organized workflows and adhere to timelines
- Proficient in the management, preparation, and joining of datasets in a reproducible fashion
- Applied social science research experience (either through academic training or work experience)
- Proficient in the use of business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau) and/or programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and comparable Google products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience, with a quantitative academic or work background
- Knowledge of nonprofits and evaluation
- Knowledge of the science and technology sector or start ups more generally
- Strong experience with a data-oriented scripting language like R or Python
- Experience using Salesforce, especially custom reporting and managing integrations
- Experience programming survey or forms in a survey software (such as SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics, or SurveyMonkey)
- Experience acquiring data using APIs
- Experience using Zapier or other tools to automate actions between webbased applications
- Experience with web scraping