Full-Time Finance Manager @ Seattle, U.S.
We are looking for a talented and bright financial leader to be a Finance Controller for our WW Imaging Programs and Americas teams. This rapidly growing team serves a vital role in Amazon’s commitment to offering customers the best product selection, top notch customer experience and the lowest possible prices through regional management of photo and imaging studios, creative services, retail business services, and competitive intelligence.
This role will have a direct impact on driving the future of Amazon’s world-class imaging services operations. The candidate will work closely with category business leaders, operations managers, technology teams, and international finance teams. The person in this role will be directly responsible for controllership and finance in our logistics field operations. In addition, the role will involve ad hoc analysis and special projects requiring detailed modeling to drive the decision-making of senior leadership. The candidate should be comfortable driving deadlines among various teams.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Managing all expenditures relating to regional facilities and delivering regular cost forecasts and variance analyses
• Developing annual operations and capital plans
• Partnering with regional and site leadership to influence financial and operational productivity and mitigate risks
Duties will include:
· Building out new and improving existing finance processes to ensure data integrity and efficient analyses
· Providing financial analysis to prioritize and lead cost reduction efforts through the development of financial models
· Sourcing, analyzing, and reporting quantitative data; perform ad hoc analyses
· Analyzing trends, formulating projections, and evaluating savings initiatives
· Assist in developing monthly/quarterly financial reporting (actual and forecast) and annual budgeting
· Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
· Educating, communicating and partnering with local business leadership
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following abilities and characteristics:
· Be highly analytical and detail oriented
· Quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
· Demonstrate work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong leadership, communication, and persuasion skills
· Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written
· Building scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance functions
· Developing new ideas and creative solutions
· Successful in an ambiguous environment
· Comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Work regularly with remote teams
· Work on cross-functional teams
· Focus on customers and work backwards
· Understand cross border inventory movement implications
· 5+ years of financial analysis, based on large volumes of data
· Experience with scripting in SQL, Oracle, advanced user of Cognos and SharePoint
· Proficiency in statistical modeling (ideally using R or Python Pandas)
· BS/BA degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Engineering, Sciences, Operations Research)
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
· Experience communicating results to business leaders
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
· Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
· Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
· MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field preferred
· Experience designing simulation and optimization models in for business decisions (e.g., staff scheduling, vehicle routing, and facility location) and/or feedback and/or predictive control.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.