Freelance Financial services startup looking for freelance Shiny/R/UI developer
We are a Phoenix, AZ based Investment Advisor working on a web-based investment management application for our client’s existing employer sponsored retirement (i.e. 401k, 403b, etc.) accounts.
We do all the portfolio analysis and data management in R/SQL, and have developed the framework of a prototype/beta user site, using the convenience of the Shiny platform. However, we need help in completing a fully functional and professional looking application that pushes Shiny app development to its limits. We are looking to contract with someone who understands the R language, but more importantly complex Shiny UI scoping, and is eager to help development of a company from the ground up.
We require someone with the following skillset/ability, in order of priority:
- Understands Shiny session scoping, as our app would be designed for multiple user accounts tied to data stored in SQL database, generated from within and external from the app.
- Lead development of app features that serve to create a self-contained user interface
- Separate environments (login/account tab/pages) for users and prospective users
- Conditional/reactive tab/panels, dropdowns, integrated progress bars, etc.
- Script secure data flows between app, MySQL database and REST services
Other desirable skills:
- Webscraping in general, particularly in C#/fiddler
- REST services
- Knowledge of general portfolio management concepts and performance measurement, time series analysis, and factor based, data driven investing strategies.
We are looking to contract as soon as possible. Please email [email protected] with a resume and statement of interest, which can just be in the email (no formal letter needed). Any examples of Shiny app and/or web design, Github account examples, etc., is highly appreciated.
Independent consulting contract will start has hourly pay between $25-$45 an hour determined by skill base with weekly minimums of 10 hours. After a 60 day review there will be discussion for equity share, part time/full-time salary or minimal contract hours if desired.