Intern/Researcher in Aspinalls Group
Aspinalls is a specialist financial planning practice committed to providing highly personalised service to private clients and their families.
Our technical expertise, allied to more than 30 years’ experience working with wealthy families, has furnished us with invaluable insight into their needs and requirements. We know that wealth brings to families its own pressures, challenges and difficulties, so we offer a sense of perspective and strategic clarity through our long-term, consultative approach. This allows us to be truly effective stewards of family wealth.
We deliver thoughtful and objective counsel aided by our independence of ownership and spirit and our clients know they can trust us. With this trust comes a relationship underpinned by a genuine understanding of what our clients want from their lives. Only with this perspective can wealth be appropriately husbanded.
Aspinalls is seeking an intern/researcher to assist with the development of its investment consultancy services. The intern will work closely with the Head of Investment on the following tasks:
· Check and further develop a range of portfolio-analysis and reporting tools.
· Research and write process documents to codify the Aspinalls investment approach.
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of investment management and to be part of the development of a well-founded and logical investment-consultancy service. Unless our strategic objectives change, we do not anticipate the internship leading to full-time employment with us in the near term, but we hope that it will provide a platform for the intern to find a job in the investment industry. We will pay above UK national minimum wage. The internship will be for two months with the possibility of an extension depending upon how the project develops.
The internship will be in central London, UK, starting as soon as possible.
· Good knowledge of R.
· Data-organisation skills.
· Demonstrable research and writing skills.
· Wide-ranging intelligence.
· Positivity, proactivity, humility.
· Knowledge of Latex and Knitr.
· Experience of Monte Carlo simulation.
· Understanding of portfolio optimisation.
· Knowledge of academic finance.
Email John Butters, Head of Investment: [email protected]
How to Apply
Send the following to [email protected] in the form of an email with attachments. Incomplete applications and applications that do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
· Covering letter/email explaining what you would hope to get out of this internship and in what way you fulfil the requirements listed above (no more than 300 words).
· A signficant piece of past work in R (submit code and output).
· An example of written research.
· If applicable, examples evidencing knowledge of the “advantageous” skills listed above.
· Contact details of two professional referees. Applicants who have recently left full-time education may submit academic referees.
Please do not feel the need to create examples especially for this application. Past work will be acceptable as long as it is comprehensible.
Closing date for applications: 18 March 2014. Applications are encouraged as soon as possible.
The next round of the process will consist of a brief interview.