Full-Time Junior Data Analyst for Communications
Join trivago and help shape the future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with the latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 countries. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work and cross-functional opportunities. Enjoy a working environment that encourages new ideas, fun and challenging the status quo!
trivago is on the lookout for an analytical prodigy to enrich our Business Intelligence team by driving and optimizing the Communications pillar of the department. This involves consulting the Content Marketing and Public Relation teams to help them make informed, data driven decisions regarding the content they publish. If you enjoy playing with data, get a kick out of acquiring new skills and thrive in a dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you!
- Explore data and provide analysis for the Communications department regarding travel destinations, price analysis and other travel related matters.
- Become the interface between BI and Communications. Teach them how to use internal tools, set BI guidelines for them to follow and be accessible if they need help understanding data related issues.
- Optimise, optimise, optimise! We want you to take control of the data request tools and data structures used by Content Marketing & PR. This will involve drafting, designing and implementing changes that increase efficiency.
- Inspire us. If you spot interesting trends, patterns or developments in your data then pitch ideas for related stories or topics that the Communications teams could focus on. We encourage creative thinking, so feel free to think outside the box for this one.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently. An additional language would be awesome!
- You are a graduate of Maths, Statistics or related field. Economics graduates are welcome but please indicate if you have specialized in Data Analysis or BI.
- Work experience in an analytical environment using analytic tools would be a huge plus.
- You are confident using Excel on a daily basis.
- You are familiar with SQL and other programming languages.
- Your brain works in a methodical manner.
- Your exceptional communication skills make it easy for you to explain complex matters in a clear, intelligible way.
- You are a naturally inquisitive person with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
What we offer:
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
- A fixed-term position with the intention of long-term employment after one year.
Starting date: As soon as possible