Freelance R Programmer for Statistical Research on hedge funds
We would like to search for a R programmer with some academic statistical research experience to develop the programs for our academic statistical research on hedge funds. We would be analyzing the influencing factors that affect the performance and risk of hedge funds using regression analysis. Factors such as fund internal/external governance and regulations variables. The position’s responsibilities and qualifications are described below.
Duration: Immediately to 02/07(Deadline)
Pay: ~15/h or $1500 flat rate for average 30 hours/w for 4 weeks
- Work with one to two other developers for R language program, to help to code our models, independent variables, data processing, and various other programming tasks.
- Replicating or applying models and procedures from reference papers to our research
- Master’s or PhD’s degree in Statistics that used R significantly, if doesn’t satisfy still welcome to apply if you have significant experience working with R for statistics purposes. Note that if you fulfill all other qualifications except for the R programming experience, and believe that you can perform the responsibility #1 & #2 very well
- Knowledgeable and years of experiences in basic and advanced statistical modeling, including many of the below statistical analysis methods, models, procedures
- Regression analysis
o cross-sectional regression (t-statistic, chi square-statistic, F-statistic)
o Time series regression
o Multivariate regression
- Cox proportional hazard model (z-statistic) used for survival analysis
- Some experience in academic research
- At least 5 years of experience implementing programming using R, preferably statistical models
- Good English communications skills in oral and writing
- Weekly availability to be at least 20 hours from now to 02/07(deadline)
Do you have a Master’s or PhD’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or closely related field? (please send a CV or resume with your application)
Could you describe the extent of your statistical modeling experience? Please specify which models that you have had many years of working experience or academic research experience with
Number of years for R experience and how often using R during those years?
Could you describe your R usage? Please include a more detailed description for the statistical programming usage
What is your weekly available hours?