Full-Time R/Shiny Developer
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing data science & machine learning consultancy with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are building a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment with Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. As an R/Shiny Developer you’ll have the opportunity to deliver the world’s most advanced R/ Shiny applications for Fortune500 clients. You’ll provide end-to-end data-driven solutions that allow improving customers’ business processes.
Before you apply please read our code of conduct.
- Create, maintain, and develop R/Shiny applications for enterprise customers all over the world
- Provide scalability, security, and modern UI/UX with custom R packages
- Analyze and visualize data from various industries
- Develop & scale Shiny apps for enterprise customers that are capable of thousands of simultaneous users and can operate on a distributed infrastructure
- Create useful and professional open-source R/Shiny packages and custom internal tooling
- Host workshops and create tutorials with other team members to teach others what we’ve learned
What’s in it for you:
- Remote work
- B2B or permanent employment
- $3120 – $5200/month (B2B) – we’re also open for external contractors – give us your hourly range
- Continuity of projects
- Personal Development Budget
- Career Guideline
- 4 days per year to be used for training/conferences, events or workshops
- Frequent project changes and learning about a variety of industries
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good/
- Company retreats
- Private health care
- Flat structure
- Flexible working hours
What will your work look like?
- You’ll work in a team of 2-5 people on one or two projects at a time
- We work in an agile way (Scrum / Scrumban)
- You’ll work really close to data and create dashboards
- You’ll join a team of software engineers and data scientists
- You will take care of the high quality of code – an integral part of your work will be code review, unit tests, end-to-end tests, and best practices that we share in our Tech Talks
What we expect:
- Experience with R programming and building interactive R/Shiny applications
- Experience in creating data visualizations
- English language B2/C1 level
- You must include a portfolio with your R/Shiny applications to be considered.
Every few months we start completely new projects and dive into a completely new world. One day we learn the secrets of promotions in retail chains, another day we analyze satellite images, and then we get super interesting data from the residential market for analysis. Our projects are not only an opportunity to test our skills in difficult statistical, algorithmic, and technological problems but also an opportunity to learn how many different industries work from the inside.
Some examples of our projects:
- Sample R/Shiny dashboard (logistics): https://go.appsilon.com/logistics-app/
- Analysis of damage after natural disasters based on satellite images: https://demo.appsilon.ai/apps/building_damage_assessment/
Technologies we use: