Full-Time R/Shiny Developer
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We build a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment with artificial intelligence and decision support systems. Some of the examples of our #AI4good work is helping animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards or improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We’re a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When they run into problems or start larger projects, they come to us.
Before you apply please read our code of conduct.
- Create, maintain, and develop R/Shiny applications for enterprise customers all over the world
- Provide scalability, security, and modern UI/UX with custom R packages
- Analyze and visualize data from various industries
- Develop & scale Shiny apps for enterprise customers that are capable of thousands of simultaneous users and can operate on a distributed infrastructure
- Create useful and professional open-source R/Shiny packages and custom internal tooling
- Host workshops and create tutorials with other team members to teach others what we’ve learned
- Work in a team of 2-5 people on one or two projects at a time
- Work in an agile way (Scrum / Scrumban)
What’s in it for you:
- 10,000 – 20,000 PLN + VAT (B2B) (~$2720 – $5200)/monthly
- +5% of salary in Personal Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshops
- Private health care insurance
- 24 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2021
- Continuity of projects
- Career Guideline
- Frequent project changes and learning about a variety of industries
What we expect:
- Experience with R programming and building interactive R/Shiny applications
- Experience in creating data visualizations
- English language B2/C1 level
We are looking for developers at different levels of specialization!
You’re Shiny Specialist if:
- You can work in all Shiny projects as a developer under an experienced advisor or work as an independent consultant in small projects;
- You have proven track of delivering small projects;
- You have proven track of delivering a POC dashboard in 24h (3 business days);
- You have a proven track of writing well-structured high-quality code covered with unittests. An example related techniques: Shiny modules, wahani modules, R6, testthat, etc.
You’re Senior Shiny Specialist if:
- You can work as an independent consultant in medium-sized projects or advisor for other developers;
- You have proven track of end-to-end testing of their Shiny apps;
- You have practical experience in Java Script. Examples: jQuery, React/jsx/Redux, vanilla JS, defining custom events, understanding event loop, etc;
- You have good examples of improving the performance of Shiny projects (optimizing server code, JS, promises);
- You know the limitations of R and Shiny and propose ideas on how to overcome them.
Every few months we start completely new projects and dive into a completely new world. One day we learn the secrets of promotions in retail chains, another day we analyze satellite images, and then we get super interesting data from the residential market for analysis. Our projects are not only an opportunity to test our skills in difficult statistical, algorithmic, and technological problems but also an opportunity to learn how many different industries work from the inside.
Some examples of our projects:
- Sample R/Shiny dashboard (logistics): https://go.appsilon.com/logistics-app
- Analysis of damage after natural disasters based on satellite images: https://demo.appsilon.ai/apps/building_damage_assessment
Technologies we use