Full-Time R/Shiny Developer
Happy Cabbage Analytics is a San Francisco based integrated data, sales, and marketing platform that revolutionizes how cannabis dispensaries and delivery services target customers and inform business decisions.
We are seeking a Software Developer familiar with database architecture, the R programming language, and software deployment. The hired candidate will report directly to the CTO and be responsible for activities including developing backend R applications, managing a database schema, scaling front-end R web (Shiny) applications, and guide the development of a data pipeline to power ML models in production environments. You will help overall advance the Happy Cabbage Analytics ecosystem of products and services by working on maintaining and growing our production applications and data.
You will be responsible for
- Managing, developing, and maintaining production data pipelines and ETL frameworks including supporting ML/AI components
- Curating data and systems to build out and maintain internal and external APIs
- Developing and improving on web-hosted R Shiny applications to surface actionable analytics that produce tangible results for end-users
- Contributing to improvement in product development processes including best practices on managing peer-collaborated code and communicating with stakeholders on roadmap progress
- Building a platform that will surface revolutionary predictive analytics tailored to advancing the quality, efficacy, consistency, and accessibility of cannabis
You’ll be setup for success if you have
- Proficiency with database architecture and management of scalable infrastructure for web-hosted applications
- Understanding of best practices for managing existing codebase for internal processes, data pipelines, and other backend functions
- General knowledge of common software deployment models for user facing applications and ability test/validate/review peer written code
- Expert knowledge of the R programming language internals (e.g. low level C++ internals)
- Advanced understanding of the R-package creation workflow and library management framework
- An understanding of common ML tools, frameworks, and deployment models
- A commitment to data quality, security, and privacy
- An interest in building a cannabis AI
We are an equal opportunity employer
Happy Cabbage Analytics is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.