Full-Time Scientist – Biological Statistics
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Agriculture & Bioenergy, you will work across the agricultural value chain to provide biological solutions that help feed and fuel a growing world.
Scientist – Biological Statistics, Global Agronomy, RTP
Are you ready for a challenging role that depends both on your technical expertise and your ability to collaboratively solve complex new problems? If so, you could be our new colleague in Novozymes BioAg. We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Scientist to help us identify and characterize novel microbes to create the next generation of agricultural products. You will work with geographically diverse and complex data sets from field trials to help us understand how microbes improve crop performance. Your ability to ask innovative and insightful questions of the data and to present the results in a structured and accessible manner to different stakeholders will be essential to your success. You will be expected to travel both internationally and domestically.
In this position you need to have:
– A Master’s or a PhD degree in a field relevant to biological statistics.
– Experience conducting statistical analyses on noisy, spatially stratified data – preferably in a biological sciences or agronomy setting.
– Expertise in statistical methods such as mixed-models, DOE and spatially stratified designs.
– Proven application of statistics to extract value from complex datasets and ability to apply knowledge/models.
– Statistical programming and data visualization with tools such as R, SAS, JMP, Python, Tableau and Spotfire.
– A positive and open-minded attitude, good interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills (written and spoken) to achieve results together with others.
– Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10%.
– The ability to work in the U.S. now or in the future without sponsorship.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Ranked #2 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2017.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: November 9, 2018