Full-Time Senior Data Scientist
KAR DataSci is growing. Come join a team that is transforming an industry through predictive analytics, detection of market patterns, financial optimization, computer vision, geo-spatial optimization and more! The team is virtual — you can work from anywhere — from our corporate office in Carmel, IN, from our DataSci center in San Diego, CA, or from one of KAR’s hundreds of regional offices.
- High-visibility role that analyzes data sets to draw business insights and communicates results to users in marketing, production, engineering, and senior leaders
- Development, research, and exploration in the areas of statistics, machine learning, experimental design, optimization, simulation, and operational research
- Interprets problems and develops solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Leverage big data to solve strategic, tactical, structure and unstructured business problems
- Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches and solutions
- Analyze customer and economic trends that impact business performance and recommend ways to improve outcomes
- Developing advanced statistical models utilizing typical and atypical methodologies.
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategies
- Expertise in predictive modeling and machine learning
- Expertise in database design and a working knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated experience with statistical programming languages (i.e. R, SAS, Matlab) and application to data mining/machine learning algorithms
- Exceptional analytic, inductive and deductive reasoning skills
- Strong mathematical and statistics skills
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to independently analyze a needs requirement, develop, and implement systems for complex applications
- Proven technical and team leadership
- Proven ability to think and work in an organized and effective manner in an environment that has rapidly shifting and often contradictory demands and priorities. Ability to lead in such an environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral) including the ability to communicate complex technical/statistical concepts to a non-technical audience.