Full-Time Senior Data Scientist @ Manchester, UK
Role: Senior / Data Scientist
Primary Location: Manchester, UK
Employee Status: Permanent (Full Time)
Hello Soda is an international big data and text analytics business, headquartered in the heart of Manchester, with offices in Bangkok and Austin. We develop and sell software to businesses which empowers consumers to leverage their digital footprint to gain access to more personalised services, in turn helping businesses to verify identity and increase customer acquisition, reduce fraud, and personalise the user experience.
We are a small but fast-growing integrated team of management, sales, marketing, design, data science, data analytics, and development. Innovation is at the core of what we do, and we are revolutionising the way that social and unstructured data is being utilised across a range of industry verticals.
Hello Soda are looking for a Data Scientist with specific experience in modelling, feature generation and feature extraction who is used to implementing complex analytics for meaningful insights, of prototyping new models, and operating over a variety of business challenges in multiple sectors.
This will be an ideal role for a data scientist with a few years’ experience and who is ready to take that next step up to a more senior position. You will be required to perform exploratory research and help develop data processes in data analysis, predictive data modelling, time series analysis and anomaly detection or visualisation for a wide range of disparate datasets together with consultancy in both pre and post sales environments.
You will join a highly skilled team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Software Engineers, with a passion for developing solutions in modern technologies, to contribute analysis and models to obtain insight from a variety of unstructured and semi-structured data.
- Carry out exploratory data science projects and building predictive models and scorecards for a range of verticals
- Identify new predictive insights and features from a variety of data sources
- Apply a wide range of modelling techniques to tackle unsupervised, semi-supervised and supervised learning problems
- Data and variable re-structuring, pre-processing and transformation across a wide range of data sources and API endpoints
- Adapting modelling techniques for both small and large datasets (bootstrap methods, cross-fold validation, etc)
- Performing retrospective analysis, monitoring of model performance and data assessment of product output
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Provide in-depth technical product support, including pre/post-sales and consultancy workshops with clients
- Ability to model solutions to problems in innovative and original ways
- Experience with all stages of a data science project, from importing and cleaning data from a range of sources and formats, feature engineering and model validation using R
- Self motivation to drive the creation of data models forward and make them accurate and meaningful to others
- Excellent communication skills, including data visualisation and reporting.
- Strong technical skills, proficiency in programming in R is a must
- Meticulous approach to data-handling and cleansing and an attention to detail
- Passion for delivering value through data products
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and has an enquiring mind
- Wants to be part of a high growth start-up company with global ambitions
- Experience with NoSQL (for example, MongoDB) databases
- Experience with ETL processes and AWS
- Previous experience in a B2B environment
- Knowledge of building production ready modelling algorithms
- Experience with technologies such as Docker, Spark and/or Shiny
- Experience in the ID&V / Risk industry
- Scorecard and model building
- Retrospective analysis for client uplifts; risk, marketing etc