Full-Time Senior Financial Data Analyst for Amazon @ Seattle
Amazon is looking for an outstanding Senior Financial Analyst to join the Instant Video team. Amazon Instant Video (AIV) is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contribute to customer loyalty and lifetime value. AIV is used daily by a massive audience on Amazon’s websites and through a variety of devices including the Kindle Fire, game consoles, smart TVs and Blu-ray players. Amazon Instant Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. Movies range from new releases to classic favorites, and Amazon Instant Video offers major television episodes, entire seasons, or even day after air TV. Instant Video is Amazon’s video subscription offer—it includes tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes selected from the full assortment available at Amazon Instant Video.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to play a key role on Digital Video and support our transactions business (TVOD). This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded candidate who wants to work in a start-up like environment and is passionate about digital media and new customer experiences.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. You know how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know how to find details that make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time. Knowledge and demonstrated experience in analytic language: SAS, R, Python, SQL as well as Microsoft suite (Excel, Word) is required as well as experience quickly learning and using a variety of data or financial tools. An ability to quickly learn end-to-end workflows is a must in order to quickly and correctly troubleshoot and solve issues in a fast-paced environment.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
– Collecting, analyzing and reviewing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
– Assist with development, and implementation of policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
– Assist in the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation
– Produce ad-hoc reports and assist in various projects
– Present ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior management
– 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a business environment
– Intermediate to advanced experience in using SAS, R, Python, SQL, and Microsoft suite (Excel, Word)
– Bachelor’s degree in a finance, technical, business, or analytical field (mathematics, CS, engineering, statistics, economics or related field)
– Experience working on cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
– Interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex transactional issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
– Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards
– Ability to quickly learn computer programs, tools, and databases
– Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
– Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation