Full-Time Software Engineer in Test for RStudio
This is a software engineering position, not a direct data science position, though there are data analysis aspects of the job. The location is flexible: remote within the United States, or in Boston, MA or Redmond, WA if you prefer an office.
This role offers significant opportunity to drive the quality of our software through careful testing and thoughtful analysis. You’ll be joining a team of passionate, talented engineers who have a proven track record of producing great software used by hundreds of thousands of data analysts worldwide. You will participate in the full lifecycle of the products from design through support, ensuring its high quality and acting as a customer advocate for the best user experience possible. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and execute manual tests for all levels of the product, and contribute to the suites of automated tests. This role has scope for front- and back-end testing, test automation framework development, process improvement, data analysis, and puzzle solving. If you insist on unrelenting quality, excel at critical thought, and love working with amazing people, this role could be for you.
- Create and execute concise, coherent manual test plans for on-premises and cloud products
- Create, execute, and maintain automated tests for same
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex problems to find root causes, and log steps to reproduce in bug reports. Follow up with bug fix verification.
- Contribute to the design of the software, with a focus on quality and usability
- Collaborate with other QA team members to share knowledge, coordinate coverage, and optimize processes
- Experience testing enterprise software, either on-premises or SaaS
- Experience testing both front- and back-end systems; this is a full-stack position
- Experience writing automated tests, in any language
- Some Unix/Linux experience
- Strong organization and communication skills, written and oral
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience administering Linux servers; deep familiarity with Linux tools and environment
- Experience integrating automated tests into continuous integration processes
- Experience with VM software/Docker/Vagrant/EC2
- Demonstrated success in small, fast-paced organization
- Interest in data science and/or the RStudio mission