Full-Time Statistician / Data Analyst @ Watermael-Boitsfort, Bruxelles, Belgium
For its Executive Office in Brussels, the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is looking to hire a Statistician and Data Analyst to join the Policy & Programmes department. This person will be responsible for the management of the high-profile IDF Diabetes Atlas. They will coordinate the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data on the burden of diabetes globally in countries at all levels of economic development. Experience in the R programming language is essential.
The IDF is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 170 countries and territories. For over 50 years, IDF has been at the vanguard of global diabetes advocacy. IDF has a multinational staff of around 25 people at its Brussels Executive Office and has 7 regional offices. IDF’s work relies on the contribution of a large number of expert volunteers and upon the commitment and expertise of our members.
To support and coordinate IDF’s work in epidemiology and biostatistics in order to improve the evidence base for diabetes.
- Responsible for the management of IDF’s high-profile Diabetes Atlas.
- Coordinates the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data on diabetes globally.
- Writes code for statistical analysis in the R programming language.
- Provides statistical support for the design and development of new projects.
- Plans, prioritises and tracks simultaneous epidemiological studies.
- Liaises with a global network of expert volunteers.
- Builds, organises and maintains internal MySQL study databases.
- Summarises complex data using Instant Atlas.
- Develops and writes scientific publications.
- Supports the communications team in the interpretation of scientific findings.
- Mentors and supports interns and placement students.
- Works with colleagues to link epidemiology with other IDF programmes.
- Assists with communications to IDF members world-wide.
- Works with other organizations to ensure the coherence of diabetes data.
- Travel may be required (up to approximately 20 days per year).
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Coordination of the methodology and data behind the IDF Diabetes Atlas.
- Development of programmes and projects in collaboration with colleagues.
- Reporting of project progress to the Senior Management Team and IDF Board.
- Integrating recommendations from the Epidemiology, Public Health, and Atlas Committee.
- Presentation of data to a variety of scientific and lay audiences.
- Communication with mass media in alignment with the communications team.
- Representation of IDF at high profile professional events
- Experience in using the R programming language.
- Expertise and experience in statistics and epidemiology to master’s or PhD level.
- Experience of statistical modelling and regression.
- Experience in systematic literature reviews.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Skilled in the analysis and presentation of epidemiological data.
- Skilled in the critical interpretation and synthesis of published data.
- Experience in installing, configuring and upgrading SQL databases.
- Experience in data visualisation (for example InstantAtlas).
- Keen interest in diabetes and the mission of the IDF.
- Knowledge of the global epidemiology of diabetes and major comorbidities.
- Understanding of French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic or Russian.
- Experience presenting results via posters, oral presentations and papers.