Freelance Statistician / R Developer – for Academic Statistical Research
We would like to search for a Statistician / R Developer with good statistical knowledge with at least Time Series Regression Analysis experience, to develop R programs for us. Preferably someone with Difference and Difference and/or causal inference experience, but not required. Most important is R programming competency and ability to quickly learn how to utilize packages to generate outputs with data.
We would be analyzing the influencing factors that affect the fund flow of hedge funds using regression analysis (multivariate regression, time series regression), difference-in-difference regression. The position’s responsibilities and qualifications are described below.
Work Period: From Immediately to 2-3 weeks
Project Completion Compensation: Total project pay is determined by your availability, hourly rate, and the project’s workload/competency level. We would do flat rate for the project (Expected to be at $500)
1. Programming/model implementation (main responsibility)
-programming in R to code our models and create permutations, and various other programming, data, statistics related tasks.
-Base on existing R codes, and inputting new panel data variables with different frequencies into the model to generate outputs
2. Description of procedures: Provide a description of
the methodology used in new models and implementation
1. Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD’s degree in Statistics/Econometric that used R significantly
2. Minimum 5 years of experience implementing programming using R (must),
preferably statistical models
3. Statistical Analysis Experience
Time Series Regression Analysis (must)
Difference and Difference regression (preferred)
4. (Preferred) Have experience in Causal inference
5. Knowledgeable and years of practical experiences in basic and advanced statistical modeling, including many of the below statistical analysis methods, models, procedures
• Regression analysis
o Time series regression
o Multivariate regression
o Difference in Difference regression (preferred)
6. Very good English communications skills in oral and writing
7. Weekly availability to be at least 30 hours from now to 12/31 (to ensure flexibility)
8. Preferred to have experience with working with financial data and analysis
Questions to Apply
- Do you have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Statistics degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or closely related field? (please send a CV or resume with your application)
- Number of years for R experience?
- Approximately how often have you used R those years (such as 30 hours/w)?
- Could you describe your R usage? Please include a more detailed description for the statistical programming usage, and a sample of a R script
- What is your experience with implementation of Difference and Difference regression and Time Series Regression Analysis?
- What is your weekly available hours that can dedicate to this work project up to 12/31?
- Could you describe the extent of your statistical modeling experience?
- Could you describe your experience in Causal inference (not necessary)?
- What is the normal hourly rate you charge for freelance work?