Full-Time Advanced Clinical Analytics Consultant @ Columbia
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Resolution Health, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies that helps individuals gain greater value from their health plans, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science, Public Health or Operations Research ; 5-10 years experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience with developing expert modeling system for segmentation/stratification that supports customized strategies for different customer segments in a major industry highly desirable – healthcare, financial, database/direct marketing, online retails, consulting, etc.
Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred.
Advanced expertise with R, SAS or equivalents analytical tools comprehensive experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers . EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Advanced Analytics Consultant
Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
Employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs. Consults business leaders and internal partners to apply the insights to test and drive product innovation and enhancement, to target the right members for the right service, to measure program outcome and demonstrate value, to help win and retain clients, and to support information based strategic decision making. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides analytical insights to support business solution development based on quality, use, cost and other key drivers
- Develops and refines analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment
- Consults on all considerations related to designing and executing tests or pilot programs
- Contributes to the design of new program/initiative based on test/pilot outcomes; develops targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations
- Develops predictive models and other tools that help target the right members
- Develops methodology to measure clinical, utilization and financial outcomes of a program/initiative
- Conducts in-depth research to address challenging issues in measuring outcomes; leads applied research projects; authors white papers, presents at industr y conferences and submits journal publications
- Addresses limitation of certain data sources and evaluates incremental value of new data sources.