Full-Time Customer Data Analyst
Overview:About the Team
The Global Sales, Services, and Marketing Operations team manages all operational aspects of Akamai’s Global Sales, Services, and Marketing organizations. These include such activities as revenue and productivity planning, reporting and analyzing key performance metrics, to developing processes within the organization to drive efficiency gains. The Operations team is responsible for both general business management and the business intelligence environment for sales, services, and marketing.
About the Job
This Customer Data Analyst will work closely with internal customers within our Global Sales, Services, and Marketing organization, as well as other members of the Operations team, to provide standard and ad-hoc analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will help facilitate analysis within the Customer Experience program, as well as analyze key service and support metrics such as product utilization and association to sales activity and customer retention. They will use their data analysis and visualization skills to analyze data and generate insights into key business initiatives around productivity, revenue, customer behaviors, as well as product and organizational efficiency. This position involves coming up with insights suitable for internal and external consumption as well as providing consultative services to internal clients in the analysis and interpretation of the Akamai business data.
* Gaining a deep understanding of the services business by working with services leadership to recommend insights, approaches and strategies to services leadership, based on understanding of the business and analysis of data.
* Work with management to analyze business and develop/improve business models.
* Prepare analysis and support management by preparing presentations of their business as needed.
* Analyze customer experience, customer product utilization, productivity, and efficiency related performance.
* Provide decision support for strategic initiatives.
* Interface and work with functional leaders, operations managers, and business analysts within Global Services and Support and Global Operations and Planning teams.
* BS degree in a quantitative discipline like Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Predictive Analytics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or Business related field.
* 5 years of analyst experience, 3 years with Master’s or Ph.D. with equivalent experience.
* 3+ years’ experience with SQL, R, machine learning, pandas, Scikit-learn, or equivalent.
* Master’s or Ph.D. in discipline with major in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Social Science.
* 3+ years of experience in data mining with various tools.
* 3+ years of experience building and applying predictive models.
* Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
* Has the initiative to chase down and evaluate new data sources and analytical solutions relevant to solving business problems.
* Experience and success in working with cross-functional teams (especially sales, services, marketing, finance, and customer support).
* Independent and critical thinker, with the ability to work directly with diverse business groups.
* Demonstrated practical experience with machine learning algorithms.
* Experience with extracting and parsing unstructured data (e.g., XML, JSON).
* Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive or equivalent software.
* Strong understanding of the needs/requirements of business customers.
* Strong oral communication skills and ability to present analytical results to a non-technical audience.
* Strong problem solving skills including hypothesis testing and when faced with disparate data sets.
* Experience in the high-tech industry.
* Experience communicating insights from complex data to non-technical audiences