Full-Time Data Analyst @ Southfield, Michigan, U.S.
Data Analyst – Analytics COE, Sr. Consultant
From day one, experience our difference. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients’ critical business needs. From strategy to operations and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Data Engineering
- Filter, clean, transform, and prepare data for advanced analysis.
- Integrate data from disparate data sources for advanced analysis.
- Develop standardized models and processes to prepare and ingest data.
- Data Analysis
- Apply data analysis to address client business challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and document standardized data analysis algorithms and models.
- Explain machine learning algorithms in concise, understandable business terms.
- Utilize advanced analysis and visualization techniques appropriate to client needs.
- Data Visualization
- Convey actionable insights via compelling visualization of data analyses.
- Prepare data visualization templates and document visualization standards.
- Develop interactive dashboards to support exploration of data analysis results.
- Other Consulting Activities
- Support practice development activities including proposal development.
- Research and validate third-party data sources to enhance client services
- Synthesize key findings and recommendations via reports and presentations.
- Interview client technical and business stakeholders to define business challenge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, data science, operations research, or a related field is required; advanced degree is strongly desired.
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis using strong analytical and problem-solving skills with deep creativity in addressing problems.
- Ability to clearly define the client’s business challenge and hypothesis to test.
- Experience engineering raw data to support statistical analysis and visualization.
- Ability to concisely express complex data analytics algorithms and results in a business context.
- Proficiency in Data Analytics Tools, such as R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, SPSS, SAS, Power BI, Esri GIS suite, Azure ML, or comparable programs. Experience with Big Data platforms desired.
- Education or experience with statistical analysis and machine learning to support data analytics.
- Experience in customer analytics, supply chain analytics, or healthcare analytics desired.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Southeast Michigan area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
- Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 25% overnight travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” and “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.