Full-Time Sys Analyst/ R Programmer @ Seattle, Washington, United States
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
Our team is looking to add an experienced Software Engineer to develop and maintain the R server and analysis tools used in our open source web application for exploring molecular and clinical data. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding our API for plug-and-play data and analysis integration, writing automated tests, and working with scientific collaborators to ensure a maximally scalable and robust API framework. This project offers a rare opportunity to engage in creative software engineering and to directly contribute to the improved treatment of life-threatening tumors through collaborations with molecular biologists, physicians, other software engineers, and laboratory staff within the project and in the larger community.
- Significant experience developing open source R packages
- Proven history in software development
- Knowledge of best practices for handling big data
- Bachelors in Comp Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and record of positive contributions within a collaborative environment
- An eagerness to learn, an acquaintance with molecular biology, and an interest in applying your skills to exciting, clinically-relevant research.