Full-Time DATA APPLICATIONS ENGINEER – MACHINE LEARNING (@ Bangkok)
Agoda, one of Asia’s leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, is looking for experienced OO software engineers to help us expand, scale and innovate in our machine learning development team.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top-quality software engineers that are passionate about data and software at scale using modern technology to solve problems. You will enjoy working in an agile environment writing lean, efficient code that serves as the backbone of our cutting edge online hotel booking platform.
The machine learning team develops systems that affect the entire business funnel. Our long term vision is to have Machine Learning participate in the decision making of every aspect of the product in real time – From the initial marketing to the post-payment page.
Our systems are not decision supporting, but rather decision making, so we are not only bound to delivering top notch algorithms, but also to develop with consistent quality, high availability, resiliency and scale.
The team is composed of experienced mathematicians and developers, working together to create products that make a substantial impact on the business of the company. Working with us will expose developers to inner workings of Machine Learning from both the theoretical and practical side.
Information Technology is our core competency, and an IT career with us provides excellent growth opportunities in an exciting, multicultural environment. Our industry moves fast, and so must we – but we have a great time doing it.
We need you to help us:
- Design, write, test and deploy new systems
- Build our systems, scalable and ready for millions of visitors, daily.
- Use our hardware to the fullest extent possible
- Ensure our systems are fault tolerant or self-healing
- Determine how to store and retrieve our data. Petabytes of it.
- Develop parallel analytic models (linear regression, random forest etc.,)
- Develop analytic models on Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) in-memory analytical platform.
- Analyze data using SQL, R, python.
- Debug memory dumps; thrashing thread pools, scaling load tests
- Fight with the garbage collector
- Find the next technological innovation that will make us the top travel website
Some of the technologies that we use (in production):
- Big Data Technologies (E.g.: Hadoop, Spark)
- OO technologies (E.g.: Python, Scala)
- Server side web technologies (E.g.: Django, Celery, Spray)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis)
- Cloud technologies (E.g.: OpenStack)
- Messaging (E.g.: RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- At least 3 years’ experience in back end/server side software development using OO technologies
- Experience of working in a test driven environment
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Mindset of a team player
- The ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree in CompSci/Information Systems/Engineering/related field
Not Required but a big plus
- experience in modern development technologies (as in “the technologies we use” section, or similar)
- experience with large scale/distributed systems in production
- Academic level knowledge of statistics
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
How to Apply
Apply directly to the role via the enclosed link
Or send us your CV via the apply form or directly to [email protected]