Full-Time Data Scientist
The HLabs Data Scientist is responsible for creating value through the collection, organization, mining, modelling and presentation of data. The Data Scientist is expected to execute industry-standard, client-facing insights that allow Heidrick’s consultant teams to better serve their clients.
Ideally, the candidate will have a passion for understanding organizations, leadership, and behavioral psychology. The ability to develop a deep understanding the Heidrick & Struggles business lines and the suite of products and offerings that support them is imperative.
- Manage data projects from start to finish, from data gathering, cleansing and organizing, to modelling, optimizing and presenting findings.
- Work in response to specific client needs, as well as independently on long-term, enterprise-relevant assignments.
- Present findings internally and externally to executive-level stakeholder groups
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences
- Contribute to publishing papers, presenting at conferences, etc.
- Consistently generate insight from data and connect findings to their end-use to ensure real-world relevancy and applicability
- Work with IT to ensure that data capture, storage, and analytical efforts have the requisite level of support and are accessible to a selective group of end users
- Create visually appealing and effective displays of data
- Contribute to thought leadership pieces and marketing materials that result from statistical analyses
- Contribute to the development of new client-facing products and the continuous optimization of existing tools
- Assist in efforts to validate and establish predictive properties for H&S proprietary tools
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Willing to travel on occasion
- 1-3 years of professional analytics/data science experience preferred
- Graduate degree in statistics, analytics, informatics, etc., or undergraduate degree plus professional experience is desired
- Advanced statistical programming skills (R required; Python is a plus)
- Advanced data visualization and presentation skills (Power BI preferred)
- Applied statistics skills (regression, distribution, classification, validation, etc.)
- Big data/distributed computing platform experience is a plus