Full-Time Data Scientist and R Programmer @ Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
Tariffville, CT or Boston area
Join us in our mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to real-world biomedical problems. Metrum Research Group is seeking a full-time R programming specialist to support our data analysis, modeling, and simulation services. This is an excellent opportunity to develop as an R programmer, gaining experience with cutting edge methods and technologies, while making a difference.
- Support and perform data-driven analyses as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Produce innovative, dynamic data visualizations to help deliver quantitative insights to our clients
- Perform exploratory graphical analyses
- Program tables and figures for technical reports
- Prepare analysis-ready data files from source data under a defined quality control process
- Help develop and maintain internal R packages to support data science applications
- Facilitate the consistent implementation of innovative deliverables in collaboration with other MetrumRG scientists
- Substantive experience programming in R or another high-level scripting language such as S+, SAS, Matlab, Python, Perl
- Experience in basic statistics and/or data analytics
- Ability to manipulate unstructured data to extract structured insights
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a project team
- A strong drive to learn and share learnings with others
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or quantitative field with a strong math and science background, or equivalent job experience
- Desirable: Programming experience with Shiny, Markdown, LaTeX, unix/Linux, subversion, git, Python, Java/JavaScritpt, C++, Ruby, HTML. Experience with clinical trial data structures (e.g. CDISC).
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, Metrum Research Group has worked with over 150 clients on more than 475 projects. Our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.