Full-Time Data Scientist with TRUSAIC @ LA, California, U.S.
Who we are: Trusaic is a regulatory compliance software company focused on creating better work environments, for everyone. Our mission is to help organizations create authentic change, whether that be by achieving pay equity, fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce, increasing bottom lines, or offering more affordable healthcare.
Every day we wake up driven to make the working world a better place. If you’re interested in working in an environment where your individual contributions make a big impact, then Trusaic is the place for you.
Our culture: A culture fit is arguably one the most important aspects of a job opportunity. At Trusaic we’re family. We pride ourselves in the people who make up our small, but growing team. We wear multiple hats and we help each other because the collective good of our company is made up by our individual efforts. We’re always looking to improve our processes and no workday is the same. We have a collaborative spirit, passionate hearts, and strong minds.
We celebrate each other’s company during group events, luncheons, trivia, happy hours, lunch and learns, and a whole lot more. At Trusaic, we fully subscribe to the work hard, play hard motto.
Overview of role: We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to contribute to the continued expansion of our product offerings focused on furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. The successful candidate will be proficient in coding and quality testing while also feeling comfortable interpreting statistical results, translating those results for non-technical audiences, and presenting those translated results to management and to our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, running, and interpreting R code and output;
- Ability to interpret data, translate, and present findings;
- Conduct research to identify and apply relevant R packages for accomplishing programming objectives;
- Independently construct and perform data checks;
- Extensively document own code;
- Carefully review own work before submitting for further review;
- Debug own code and the code of others;
- Construct test cases for own code and code of others;
- Filter, sort, compute summary statistics, pivot tables and merge data in spreadsheets;
- Rapidly revise code in response to changes in product specifications;
- Troubleshoot and propose workarounds to development roadblocks;
- Perform regular updates to maintain current base R and libraries on your computer;
- Work within the git version control system;
- Estimate task completion dates;
- Provide frequent, timely updates to task progress at agreed-upon times;
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Master’s degree in quantitative subject e.g., mathematics, computer science, economics or Bachelor’s degree in same with 5 years work experience in a quantitative field
- Successfully completed coursework in probability and statistics, including linear and logistic regression, maximum likelihood estimation, hypothesis testing, model assessment and selection, Bayesian inference, Monte Carlo methods
Career advancement: Our products rely heavily on some of the most topical and challenging issues in the world. From healthcare to closing the gender/race gap, we work in a fast-paced environment where things are changing all the time. Given the nature of our products, opportunities for growth, both personally and professionally, present themselves regularly.
With the right attitude, mind-set, and work ethic, anything is possible here. If you want to make a difference in the world, are dedicated to career growth, and dream big, then Trusaic is the place for you.
Trusaic offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Pay
- Group Healthcare Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Metro Reimbursement
- Monthly Luncheon
- Company Events & Activities
- Company Training
- Career Advancement Opportunities