Full-Time Junior Financial Engineer
Our expanding portfolio management firm seeks a junior Financial Engineer with keen interest in quantitative research and data analysis to assist our team in downtown Chicago. The successful candidate will develop portfolio analytics and integrate new data and models into a low-frequency trading system. Candidate must possess excellent analytical and technical skills, have a proven quantitative background, be a creative problem solver, clear communicator and present a strong record of successfully working with others in a team environment and a clear desire to fulfill an expanding role at a successful financial firm.
- Perform statistical analyses to verify and optimize innovations and enhancements to portfolio models.
- Define and implement data collection and data acquisition methods.
- Develop software and participate in software testing to ensure successful implementation of functional requirements
- Monitor trading performance and devise improvements
- Propose portfolio strategies and algorithm enhancements
- Write research reports and blog posts on current economic and financial topics
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. mathematics, statistics, physics, etc…) Advanced degree a plus
- 1-3 years relevant experience in an asset management environment
- Proficient in statistics, econometrics and machine-learning
- Development experience in R and Python in a Linux environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent writing and communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive financial rewards, relative to firm performance and team-based contributions
- Employee benefits that include exceptional insurance and 401K matching program
- Friendly and collegial work environment
- Opportunity to learn from successful industry experts
RESPOND TO [email protected] (Attention: all attachments must be in PDF format or they will be rejected)