Full-Time Monitoring and Data Analytics Officer
Better Work is a unique partnership program between the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). Launched in February 2007, it aims to improve labour standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better Work involves the development of both global tools and country level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions which build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.
Improving labour standards in global supply chains is an important part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected helps distribute the benefits of trade. Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labour standards and national labour law. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labour standards from their suppliers. Improved labour standards also help enterprises be more competitive through higher productivity and quality. These benefits help build the business case and supplier support for improved labour standards.
For more information about the project see www.betterwork.org.
The Monitoring and Data Analytics Officer will work within the Research and Impact team to support Better Work’s programme operations and policy influencing agenda through data analysis. S/he will assist in gathering and analysing data, preparing reports, developing technical input for programme operations, and organizing technical meetings. S/he will work in close collaboration with Better Work’s core services, partnership/communications and programming teams to facilitate the collection and analysis of data to improve efficiency and advance Better Work’s goals.
– Compile Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data from Better Work country programmes; collaborate with Better Work field staff for timely and accurate data collection. Together with the Programming Team, plan, organize and coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure analysis of available data for programme development purposes.
– Manipulate and analyse data in order to inform Better Work tool development, current operations, and future country programme rollout. Handle the Better Work compliance assessment database and perform quality assurance on data; analyse data and draft sections of Better Work compliance synthesis reports, and contribute to other communications products related to compliance reporting.
– Analyse data and recommend areas for further data collection to demonstrate Better Work’s scale, reach, efficiency and impact.
– Design tools, in close collaboration with Better Work’s Technology Innovation Officer and Systems Officer, to advance Better Work’s internal efficiency and reporting needs and ensure data collection. Produce and analyse regular data on global programme operations and to support tracking of progress of country programmes.
– Strengthen the use of Better Work data and knowledge to incorporate lessons learned in policies and practice; monitor the use and impact of existing and/or new systems and recommend areas for further improvement and development.
– Assist in improving efficiency by identifying areas of common data-related infrastructure. Encourage collaboration between teams responsible for different data sources.
– Ensure user-friendly data is available to inform Better Work operations and policy debates; produce regular updates on key performance indicators for country programmes;
– In collaboration with the Communications team, generate data to be used in info graphics, presentations and other tools to facilitate the use of data for influencing purposes.
– Assist in organising research workshops and seminars in terms of event planning, coordination with partner organizations, communications with event participants, and drafting of event proceedings.
– Participate in technical missions for research and fact finding if and as needed.
– In the context of the impact assessment, compile and maintain database of actual data collection and delivery against scheduled data collection. Draft reports on data collection status.
– Perform any other duties as required.
How to Apply
|Apply here: https://erecruit.ilo.org/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?jobinfo_uid_c=34008&vaclng=en Additional Information: 1st year based in Geneva / intention to move post to Bangkok from the 2nd year. All applicants must attach a 2-3 page statement addressing their claims against the required competencies. In doing this you should have a heading for each competency and explain to the selection committee in 2 -3 paragraphs how your skills and experience meet each one. Applicants who do not attach this statement will not be considered for interview. Better Work values diversity among its staff. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities. For more information please contact [email protected]rg|