Full-Time Quantitative Research Associate
The Millburn Corporation is seeking a Quantitative Research Associate, with a focus on exploring new data series, to work in its New York office. The Research team is responsible for the research and development of Millburn’s quantitative strategies and portfolio management across major asset classes (Futures, FX, and ETF markets). Millburn’s strategies trade both long and short, seeking superior risk-adjusted returns with minimal correlation to traditional long-only indices.
Members of the research team come from diverse quantitative backgrounds. The Research team favors an open, academic environment, as opposed to a silo approach, encouraging idea generation and collaboration while benefiting from close peer review and constructive criticism. The team is focused on a constant, iterative process of improving portfolio construction and risk-adjusted returns for each market we trade. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the longest-running quantitative investment firms that is actively pushing the envelope.
Nature and Scope of Responsibilities:
- Conduct research studying the predictive power of novel data series used for forecasting financial markets.
- Develop and construct new model features based on market knowledge.
- Manage an allocation of risk capital to trading strategies in Futures and FX markets.
- Attend weekly research meetings to update on the progress of current projects and provide feedback and suggestions to other team members.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of economic, commodity, fundamental, etc. data sets, as well as a desire to continually explore and learn about new data relevant to financial markets.
- At least two years’ experience developing and trading quantitative investment strategies preferred.
- Must have a degree from a top-tier institution in a quantitative discipline.
- Must have superior research capabilities, demonstrated in prior academic or industrial research projects.
- Programming proficiency in at least one of R, Python, or MATLAB.
- Knowledge of statistical learning techniques preferred – you will be working within our modeling framework which relies heavily on these techniques, and collaborating with other researchers who work on improving the modeling framework.
- Experience with mathematical optimization techniques preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow an established firm. We offer a culture of independent thinking, while providing many opportunities for learning and career growth. We also offer a highly competitive salary and bonus with outstanding benefits including Medical Coverage, Flexible Savings Account, Health Savings Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage and a 401(k) plan.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to
Elaine Magalona – HR Manager
The Millburn Corporation
1270 Avenue of the Americas 11th Floor
New York, NY 10020