This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
15 Apr 2015
Full-Time R AND SAS CONSULTANT
KEY ROLE OBJECTIVES
- Work with Mango customers as a data science consultant to advise on the best approaches to data analysis on an enterprise scale
- Design, develop and implement analytical solutions for Mango customers
- Support Mango Solutions Project Managers and the project team by pro-actively providing timely progress updates, highlighting potential issues as early as possible, and suggesting areas for process improvements
- Support the Sales Team when communicating externally
- Support the Mango Project team and external customers with the design and development of project deliverables, identifying out of scope requests to the Mango Project team
- Support the Mango Sales team providing input to proposals and technical support at pre-sales meetings.
- Ensure Mango coding standards and processes are adhered to, identifying areas of improvement to Mango Management
- Provide accurate and timely progress updates to the Mango management, project management and the project team
- Provide documentation to support research activities and ensures programming deliverables are appropriately archived
- Support and assist with the implementation of Mango departmental initiatives.
- Develop, deliver and/or assist with the provision of training for internal and external customers as required, identifying training gaps where possible
- Ensure compliance to Mango and/or Client SOPs, standards and all applicable regulation
- Other duties as assigned
- In depth knowledge of analytical programming languages, software, techniques, and processes. Knowledge of R is essential to this role
- Applied experience of machine learning and/or data mining algorithms and methods
- BSc/BA in a computer science, mathematics or engineering subject
- Around 5 years of programming experience
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database technologies
- The ability to drive or fly to meetings at client sites, including international travel
- An appreciation of development practices, such as code design, peer reviews, unit testing and code control
- Attention to detail to ensure a high quality of output at all times. Must have strong skills in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, C++, Java, .NET, etc.
- Knowledge of map/reduce and “Big Data” frameworks such as Hadoop and the associated query languages Hive and Pig
- Industrial experience in one or more of: finance, insurance, sensory, energy, pharmaceuticals, marketing