Full-Time R Shiny Developer
Summit Consulting, LLC specializes in providing state-of-the-art data analytics in support of public policy decision-making and litigation. To do this work, we hire curious and collaborative people and empower them to do great things. We have an open and non-hierarchical culture, trust people walking in the door, and learn from one another.
We have an opening for an R Shiny Developer supporting our Federal Credit Modeling and Forecasting directorate. If our values match yours, and you are interested in finding a place where you can utilize and develop your skills for this position, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- With the guidance of senior staff and in collaboration with a team, develop and run statistical models and analyze their output.
- Implement existing and new models and business intelligence tools in the R Shiny web framework.
- Develop professional, state-of-the-art, and user-friendly web-based solutions for our Federal clients.
- Act as a technical expert on an emerging web-based solution team.
- Document the technical details of your work clearly to facilitate collaboration with other team members and ensure quality control.
- Clearly articulate results of analysis in written form and in presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, economics, or mathematics, or another degree with a strong applied quantitative component.
- 0-5 years of related work experience. Work or internship experience in a Federal agency, in applied social science research, or for a professional services firm is strongly preferred.
- A strong foundation in programming or web development, including distributed version control, Linux operating systems, and web frameworks.
- Experience working with and managing large data sets, including merging of disparate data sets, data cleaning and transformations, and providing preliminary descriptive statistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- GitHub portfolio or other accessible code samples desired.
Summit is headquartered in Washington, DC, and offers a collegial and rewarding work environment where your input and expertise are valued and your professional development is encouraged. Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. Summit is unique among firms our size in that we offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including a 401(k) plan with a mandatory employer contribution as well as medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and support for continuing education and skills development. In addition, our bonus program that allows employees to share in our overall success.
Candidates selected for an interview should also be prepared to provide three references, as well as be willing to submit to a background check. Because of the nature of our work with the Federal government, we are only able to hire US citizens.
Summit strives to ensure that our career website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request reasonable accommodation. Please email us at [email protected] if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website as a result of your disability.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran or disability status.
EEO is the law. Click here to view information on your protections under Federal Law from discrimination.