Full-Time R&D Database Developer @ Toronto, Canada
As R&D Database Developer, candidate will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of the various R&D data stores as well as collaborating with the BI team on the Enterprise Data Warehouse and related components (ETL, reporting applications, etc.). This involves taking data from many internal and external sources, merging, cleaning, automating, and maintaining data integrity.
- Set up and maintain DB infrastructure, using relational and NoSQL databases.
- Participate in data modelling, relational and star-schema design and implementation.
- Build a new R&D Data Mart which will combine data relevant to the R&D team from various sources such as the Enterprise Data Warehouse, XML/JSON files, Mongo DB, OLTP databases and other sources.
- Hands-on ETL development using TSQL and Integration Services (SSIS) including associated performance tuning.
- Day-to-day administration including reviewing ETL load jobs for consistency and quality, and performance monitoring.
- Gather and analyse business requirements, functional requirements, and data specifications for ETL, dashboards and other business reporting needs.
- Investigate issues such as data corruption, discrepancies, etc.
- Design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards based on business requirements using R and Shiny.
- Research data warehousing/business intelligence trends and technological innovations in order to make appropriate development recommendations.
|POSITION QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
- 4+ years of Data Warehouse/BI work experience using MS BI technologies (SQL Server, SSIS, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience using MongoDB.
- 2+ years of R programming experience, primarily focused on reporting and visualization.
- Strong and current database programming skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above.
- Exceptional TSQL skills and performance tuning abilities.
- Experienced in using SQL Profiler, reading execution plans, etc.
- Successful candidate must be well organized with strong communication and reporting skills (strong ability to communicate with data), self-motivated, team player and results oriented.
- Candidate must be flexible and adaptable to business requirements, priority changes and able to work under tight deadlines as well as different projects simultaneously.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.