Full-Time Senior Process Engineer/Data Scientist @ Maryland
Business Transformation Institute, Inc., a small technology consulting company based in Hanover, Maryland, is seeking a Senior Process Engineer/Data Scientist with experience in agile development management tools (Atlassian tool suite, Redmine, or VersionOne) and the R statistics software language.
For the past 11 years, BTI has worked with government and private organizations to help them improve how they operate. For the past year, BTI has been developing data mining-based capabilities to provide a richer set of analytic tools to our customers and consultants. BTI recently won new work to provide a technology concept demonstration using our data mining approach for a long-term customer.
The Senior Process Engineer/Data Scientist will be applying statistical analysis tools such as R to provide insight and graphical representations to data collected from tool APIs. The position requires good mathematical and statistical analysis skills, knowledge of agile development practices particularly as implemented in management tools such as the Atlassian tools, Redmine, and VersionOne, and the ability to work closely with software development personnel.
- Define queries and reports of interest and translate the queries/reports into data mining algorithms that will be implemented by software engineers.
- Develop graphical and analytic representations of data that provide insight to project and middle managers and senior leadership personnel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to software developers and systems engineers.
- One year or more of analytic and development experience in R (3.2.3 or later) and the R packages plyr, dplyr, lubridate, data.table
- A BA or BS in a relevant field (for example, computer science, mathematics, statistics)
- Experience working with or on an agile software development team
- One year or more of Atlassian, Redmine, VersionOne agile management environments experience
- Parallel processing experience
- One year or more data mining and statistical analysis experience