Full-Time Senior Statistician for health technology assessment,
A senior statistician, ideally with experience in health technology assessment, is required for a statistical consultancy business.
Quantics Biostatistics is looking for an experienced statistician to join our team in central Edinburgh (although remote home working may be considered). This position would be ideal for an experienced statistician who is looking to expand their skills in the life sciences area. You would primarily be working on our health technology assessment projects, many of which are undertaken in partnership with the York Health Economics Consortium. The role may also include bioassay and some clinical work. You would be involved in all aspects of the projects including agreeing the scope with the customer, planning and conducting analysis and interpreting and reporting the results to non-statisticians.
- MSc or PhD in statistics or mathematics, or equivalent experience
- At least one year’s experience with health technology assessment (HTA) including network meta-analysis or at least three years’ experience in other areas of medical statistics such as pre-clinical or clinical work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in at least one statistical software program, preferably R or SAS
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to apply statistical principles to novel situations
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines such as GLP, GCP, GMP, and ISO9001 (Quantics is the only UK statistical consultancy with GLP and ISO9001 quality accreditation).
- Preparation of statistical analysis plans and reports
- Statistical analysis of data
- Research into methodology development for internal use and sometimes for publication
Quantics Biostatistics was established in 2002. We work with clients across the UK and internationally to provide statistical consultancy in the life sciences. Quantics specialises in HTA and bioassay statistics. With clients ranging from small start-ups to major pharmaceutical companies and government agencies such as NICE, we endeavour to provide the best statistical advice.
This is a full time permanent post, 37.5 hours per week, with 40 days holiday (including statutory days), pension plus other benefits. Remote or home working may be considered. Salary: up to £55k depending on qualifications and experience.