Full-Time Software Developer with R
When? At earliest convenience, full-time
Application Deadline 10.05.2019
Who we are
A global, independent think tank on the integration of long-term and climate-related objectives and risks into financial market metrics, processes and regulation.
Since it was set up in 2012 with the mission to align financial markets with climate goals, the 2° Investing Initiative (2°ii) has become a pioneering think tank – with offices in Berlin, Paris, London and New York – on the integration of long-term risks and policy objectives into financial markets and regulatory frameworks. 2°ii developed the first scenario analysis tool linking financial portfolios to public policy objectives – specifically the 2°C climate goal – which is now applied to over $10 trillion assets under management across more than 1,000 financial institutions, as well as a number of financial supervisors. 2°ii co-designed the first climate-related financial regulation in the world (Art. 173 of the French Energy Transition Law). A core principle of its mission is to reduce the transaction costs across companies, financial institutions and policymakers, while guiding financial markets towards the long-term future.
Current research includes development of climate alignment tools for banks, market outlook reports and enhancement of existing, analytical methods as well as a sustainability-ready, open-source robo-adviser. 2°ii has a multi-stakeholder and independent governance framework designed to ensure the intellectual integrity of its work and its independence.
Who we are looking for
• A R Coder/Software Developer who is passionate about having a meaningful, global impact
• Genuine interest to improve our code/software infrastructure and related services
• Experience in library creation including application of continuous integration services to ensure code quality
• Strong R skills (3+ years’ experience in software development with R in a working context), proficiency with git
• A pro-active problem-solver with strong analytical skills and a good sense for code quality
• Further technical expertise, such as web development, data visualisation, GUI development (e.g. with RShiny) as well as experience with SQL and Docker is very welcome
• Expertise in finance is a plus
• Fluent English
What we offer
• A meaningful impact on one of the planet’s most pressing issues
• Engaging working environment in a young, international and rapidly expanding team and the chance to work at a cutting-edge think tank
• Flexible working hours
• Chance to take on responsibility and shape a project from your first day onwards
• Opportunity for significant career development
• A competitive salary