Full-Time Sr. Manager Data Science @ LA
We are EA
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is the world’s top mobile game publisher with an industry-leading portfolio including 50+ top-10 iPhone, iPad, and Android games including Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Need for Speed New Limits, FIFA Ultimate Team, The Simpsons Tapped Out, Madden NFL Mobile, SimCity BuildIt, The Sims Freeplay, Scrabble, and Bejeweled Blitz. With the acquisition of Angry Birds publisher Chillingo, Real Racing creator Firemint, TradeNation’s creator Bight Games, and the $1B acquisition of Plants vs. Zombies’ creator PopCap, EA has shown a clear dedication to winning on the mobile platform.
The mobile gaming industry is exploding. Consumer spending will top $30B globally this year and is expected to grow double digits in the coming years. The introduction of the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices has created unprecedented access to consumers and created a massive new crop of engaged gamers. Free-To-Play mobile games now dominate the top charts on Apple and Android as micro transactions and in-game economies have successfully migrated from Facebook to the mobile platform. Simultaneously, the international market is growing at a rapid pace as games are localized to reach new and emerging markets including China, Brazil, and Korea.
The position is based in EA’s Los Angeles (Playa Vista, just 10 minutes from the beach ) offices as part of the EA Mobile Publishing team.
Yup – it’s the coolest job on the planet!
You have a deep mathematics and statistics background with a bent toward using those skills in a data-driven role. You also have a passion for gaming. EA is looking for experienced data science practitioners who are ready to dig in to consumer data. You will be responsible for building advanced predictive models, providing thought leadership across EA in regard to analytics best practices, and identifying potential opportunities for innovation and application of the latest statistical methods in order to inform EA’s business and communications with their players. Work closely with game studios, product marketing, business development and the executive team to drive insights and execution that produce better games and delighted players.
• To work collaboratively with analysts, game producers, product managers, and central stakeholders to present analyses and findings that will provide actionable insight into the game to improve the acquisition, engagement and monetization of our audience.
• Produce statistical and machine learning models that inform how we communicate with our players
• Drive improvement in our methodologies, systems and processes
• Prepare and present results of modeling efforts and performance to senior management
• Be actively engaged in assigned products and develop a deep understanding of game mechanics including microtransactions, gameplay and economy
• B.A./B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative field
• Quantitative oriented Masters Degree or Ph.D highly preferred
• Minimum 7 years of experience in analytics
• 5+ years of experience with building predictive models in R, Python, or other computer programming languages
• Strong history of identifying opportunities for developing predictive models to meet business needs
• Expertise in machine learning and statistical analysis approaches such as classification, regression, structural equation modeling, etc.
How to ApplyBenefits We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Next Steps
- To apply and read more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/los-angeles-eala